The Westwood Museum, located in the little mountain community of Westwood, contains the artifacts of a once thriving logging town that was founded in 1913 by the Walker Family. During the time the town was owned by the Walker family, the nation experienced the Industrial Revolution, two World Wars and significant societal changes. The Red River Mill was the largest operating mill in North America. The town had a state-of-the-art hospital, a theater and opera house, the largest sawdust pile in the world and an indoor mall, said to be the first indoor mall in the United States. The...Read More
Author: Mary Hasselwander
Follow Us on Twitter
- How DNA and social media led to suspect in 1973 killing of Newport Beach girl - Los Angeles Times Feb 20, 2019How DNA and social media led to suspect in 1973 killing of Newport Beach girl Los Angeles TimesDNA leads to arrest in half century-old cold case murder of 11-year-old California girl NBC NewsPolice revived a 1973 murder case by live-tweeting a girl’s last day. Now, a DNA match has led to an arrest. Washington PostMan charged with killing […]
- Seven Handy Mac Tricks You Might Not Know - Mac Rumors Feb 20, 2019Seven Handy Mac Tricks You Might Not Know Mac RumorsApple reportedly planning to combine iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps by 2021 Ars TechnicaApple to combine iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps by 2021, says Bloomberg The VergeComment: Marzipan’s pace may be slow, but it’ll be a big deal for the Mac 9to5MacIn two years, the Mac, iPhone, and iPad will […]
- Champions League scores: Juventus', Ronaldo's title hopes take hit at Atletico Madrid; City roars back at Schalke - CBS Sports Feb 20, 2019Champions League scores: Juventus', Ronaldo's title hopes take hit at Atletico Madrid; City roars back at Schalke CBS SportsAtletico Madrid vs. Juventus - Football Match Report - February 20, 2019 ESPNCristiano Ronaldo, Juventus Fall to Atletico Madrid 2-0 in UCL Round of 16 Leg 1 Bleacher ReportAtletico Madrid 2-0 Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo and VAR not enough to save […]
- ‘I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on earth’: A self-proclaimed white nationalist planned a mass terrorist attack, the government says - The Washington Post Feb 20, 2019‘I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on earth’: A self-proclaimed white nationalist planned a mass terrorist attack, the government says The Washington PostA U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist was arrested after federal investigators uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in his ...
- Lyft reportedly plans to debut on Nasdaq next month - TechCrunch Feb 20, 2019Lyft reportedly plans to debut on Nasdaq next month TechCrunchLyft cofounder isn't worried about beating Uber to an IPO CNNLyft plans to launch IPO roadshow week of March 18 CNBCAfter New York City’s War With Amazon, Uber Could Be Next The New York TimesLyft Is Planning to List Shares on Nasdaq The Wall Street JournalView full coverage on Google News