A friend introduced me to this a few years back and it has been my favorite meatloaf recipe ever since. The best part is that even though it’s ‘healthy’ my husband loves it and even requests it!
• 2 lbs. lean ground beef (or turkey meat which is much healthier and surprisingly tasty)
• 2 Eggs
• 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
• 1/2 Cup Zucchini
• 1 Onion chopped and sautéed • Minced Garlic to taste
• 1/4 Cup Ketchup
• 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
• 1/2 Cup of your favorite barbecue sauce • 2 Cups Oatmeal (Quick Oats)
• 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
• Seasoning to taste (I use a mixture of garlic salt, onion powder, chili powder, and black pepper. A generic steak seasoning packet is also good)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Combine all of the ingredients (MINUS THE BROWN SUGAR) into a bowl, mix together well with hands or use a food processor if available.
• Pre-grease a pan for the loaf and shape the mixture inside.
• Sprinkle brown sugar over the top and lightly drizzle ketchup over it if desired.
• Cook up to an hour or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let cool before slicing and serve. Happy eating!