By Mara Dobyns
My first time making this recipe it was a total hit and is now a new household favorite! The best part is that it’s just as simple to make as it is delicious.
Jalapeño Popper Chicken Bombs
• 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 5 Jalapeños, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
• 20 slices bacon • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• pepper/other seasoning to taste
• 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Slice chicken breasts in half. Place in a plastic zip lock bag and pound until 1/4″ thick. Season.
2. Mix the 2 cheeses together and spread 1 tablespoon into each half of the pepper (use up all of your cheese between the peppers).
3. Place the pepper on the chicken breast (cheese side down) and wrap it up. Wrap each chicken breast completely with two pieces of bacon. Start at one end, wrap half the breast and finish the 2nd half with the second piece of bacon.
4. Cook on a preheated grill (or oven at 375º) for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Remember to cook both sides and smother with barbecue sauce with every flip for the last ten minutes of cook time on the grill.
Only 4 ingredients, LOW CARB, and delicious! These are gone in 10 minutes at any get together–they are seriously that good!
1 lb. ground sausage (spicy if you like) 22 jalapeños
1- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven 425º. Cook sausage until browned. Set aside. Mix cream cheese with Parmesan cheese. Add cooked sausage and mix well. Rinse jalapeños. Cut each jalapeño lengthwise and remove seeds. Stuff jalapeños with sausage mixture. Cook on a large baking pan for 20 minutes until tops are golden brown.