[media-credit name=”Red Bluff Rodeo” align=”alignleft” width=”300″][/media-credit] The location today called Red Bluff had several names – Reedsburgh, Bulltown, Covertsburg, Frogtown, Red Cliff, Red Bluffs and eventually Red Bluff. Her importance arose from being the most northern port for the steamboats on the Sacramento River. As the head of navigation during the gold rush and large farming operations, Red Bluff was the center of freighting activity. The incoming cargo was exchanged from boats to wagon or mule teams for further commute to the gold mines in Shasta, and the out-going agricultural products shipped south on the boats to Sacramento or San Francisco. Today Red Bluff is a recreational activity center for the Sacramento River and entrance to Lassen Volcanic National Park. She is a stopping place for north- south traffic on I-5 and east-west on Highway 36. Red Bluff maintains her historic shops in downtown and a few big box stores on the outskirts. – Jo L. Giessner
About The Author
Melissa grew up in Northern California and loves wildlife and traveling. She lives in Westwood near Lake Almanor among her life long friends and her family.
Aug 21, 2015
Nov 13, 2015
Jan 15, 2016
Follow Us on Twitter
- Morgan Stanley cuts bear case on Tesla to $10 - Seeking Alpha May 21, 2019Morgan Stanley cuts bear case on Tesla to $10 Seeking AlphaMorgan Stanley analysts have delivered another blow to Tesla (TSLA), slashing their worse-case scenario for the stock price to just $10 (from $97) because.View full coverage on Google News
- Game of Thrones season 8 finale recap: The Iron Throne - CNET May 21, 2019Game of Thrones season 8 finale recap: The Iron Throne CNET'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Series Finale: Did Bran Stark Always Know He Would Be King? The Cheat Sheet‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Unresolved Loose Ends The Ringer9 Things We Still Want to Know Now That ‘Game of Thrones’ Is Over The New York TimesFrom Bran the Broken to […]
- Home Depot earnings beat despite wet start to spring - CNBC May 21, 2019Home Depot earnings beat despite wet start to spring CNBCHome Depot beats 1Q earnings expectations, misses on same-store sales Yahoo FinanceView full coverage on Google News
- 3 million-year-old 'mighty mouse' fossil still has red fur - CNN May 21, 20193 million-year-old 'mighty mouse' fossil still has red fur CNNResearchers identify red coloring in an ancient fossil for the first time EngadgetIn a first, researchers identify reddish coloring in an ancient fossil Phys.orgView full coverage on Google News
- Ransomware Cyberattacks On Baltimore Put City Services Offline - NPR May 21, 2019Ransomware Cyberattacks On Baltimore Put City Services Offline NPRBaltimore is just the latest municipality hit with a ransomware attack. Residents can't use the city servers they need to purchase homes, pay online bills or email ...