The term “Wabi’Sabi” is a native American saying for the perfection of imperfection, as well as the name of the art collective located in Chico CA. Emily, the founder of the collective, has been immersed in art from a young age, and has experience in a wide variety of mediums. Studying the art of batik in South East Asia, and bringing her knowledge back to the states, she has become quite successful. Over the last decade she has focused mostly on concrete coloring and art, and has recently embarked in an artistic partnership with Greg Stanley, building custom furniture out of reclaimed wood. Their goal is to build spaces that are comfortable for humans and the environment. Emily has recently purchased a building in April and is in the process of revamping it to suit the needs of the art community and the Wabi Sabi collective. The building is a reminder of the days when Chico was built with pride, and was originally constructed by Phillip Allgeier and his father. Originally a candy distribution warehouse, the building is now home to artists, and renamed The Habitat Lab. While still in the process of being refined, Emily envisions the building being a host to creative people and a place for them to explore all of their ideas, completely uninhibited by societal norms. In the future the habitat lab will consist of all sorts of people, ranging from architects and artists to the simply curious individual. Located at 199 East 13th street, right across from the homeless shelter, the Habitat Lab is breathing new life in to a previously depressed area of Chico. They are hosting open art nights once a month, in which the community can come and get creative in an adventurous environment, and hosting life-drawing classes twice a month as well. For more information you can find the Habitat Lab on Facebook, or contact Emily for more information at emilymcclintick.com. Come on out and touch in with your inner artist, bring a friend, or the family and make something new happen. There is no time like the present, to improve your self, and awaken your creativity.
About The Author
Melissa grew up in Northern California and loves wildlife and traveling. She lives in Westwood near Lake Almanor among her life long friends and her family.
Nov 15, 2015
May 25, 2017
Dec 1, 2010
Outdoor Adventure Sidebar Navigator
Follow Us on Twitter
- Abortion News: Fight Shifts to New Battlegrounds - The New York Times Jun 27, 2022Abortion News: Fight Shifts to New Battlegrounds The New York TimesLive updates: Officials plan their next moves after the fall of Roe v. Wade NPRAfter calls from AOC and other Dems to expand the court, White House says Biden 'does not agree' with the move Yahoo NewsAnti-abortion lawmakers push for more restrictions with Roe gone The Washington PostThe Ruling […]
- Dow Jones Futures Fall After Market Rally Gains Steam; 9 Stocks To Watch - Investor's Business Daily Jun 27, 2022Dow Jones Futures Fall After Market Rally Gains Steam; 9 Stocks To Watch Investor's Business DailyStock futures fall following a major comeback week for stocks CNBCDow Futures Trade Lower After Positive Week By Investing.com Investing.comBond Traders Are Trapped Between Recession and Inflation Fears BloombergWall Street mints big gains to end strong week Economic TimesView Full Coverage on Google News
- Deadly car versus train crash in Contra Costa County - KCRA Sacramento Jun 27, 2022Deadly car versus train crash in Contra Costa County KCRA SacramentoAmtrak collision with car leaves 3 dead, 3 injured at 'recipe for disaster' track site San Francisco ChronicleAmtrak train crashes into car in California; 3 dead, 3 injured USA TODAY3 killed as Amtrak train hits car in Northern California SFGATE3 dead after Amtrak train collides with car near Brentwood KTVU […]
- Russian forces hit Kyiv and other cities - The Washington Post Jun 27, 2022Russian forces hit Kyiv and other cities The Washington PostRussian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe CNNMissile strikes rattle Kyiv as world leaders meet CBS NewsRussia-Ukraine war: what we know on day 124 of the invasion The GuardianBiden decries ‘barbarism’ after Russia strikes kindergarten in Kyiv The HillView Full Coverage on Google News
- 6 questions after SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade - NPR Jun 27, 20226 questions after SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade NPRMontgomery pro-choice advocates again protest overturning of Roe WSFAAl Franken erupts after Clarence Thomas says what Supreme Court should do after Roe v. Wade abortion decision Fox NewsOpinion | Clarence Thomas targets privacy rights. He's an outlier — for now. The Washington PostEditorial: Legal in Virginia — for now – The […]