The term “Wabi’Sabi” is a native American saying for the perfection of imperfection, as well as the name of the art collective located in Chico CA. Emily, the founder of the collective, has been immersed in art from a young age, and has experience in a wide variety of mediums. Studying the art of batik in South East Asia, and bringing her knowledge back to the states, she has become quite successful. Over the last decade she has focused mostly on concrete coloring and art, and has recently embarked in an artistic partnership with Greg Stanley, building custom furniture out of reclaimed wood. Their goal is to build spaces that are comfortable for humans and the environment. Emily has recently purchased a building in April and is in the process of revamping it to suit the needs of the art community and the Wabi Sabi collective. The building is a reminder of the days when Chico was built with pride, and was originally constructed by Phillip Allgeier and his father. Originally a candy distribution warehouse, the building is now home to artists, and renamed The Habitat Lab. While still in the process of being refined, Emily envisions the building being a host to creative people and a place for them to explore all of their ideas, completely uninhibited by societal norms. In the future the habitat lab will consist of all sorts of people, ranging from architects and artists to the simply curious individual. Located at 199 East 13th street, right across from the homeless shelter, the Habitat Lab is breathing new life in to a previously depressed area of Chico. They are hosting open art nights once a month, in which the community can come and get creative in an adventurous environment, and hosting life-drawing classes twice a month as well. For more information you can find the Habitat Lab on Facebook, or contact Emily for more information at emilymcclintick.com. Come on out and touch in with your inner artist, bring a friend, or the family and make something new happen. There is no time like the present, to improve your self, and awaken your creativity.
About The Author
Melissa grew up in Northern California and loves wildlife and traveling. She lives in Westwood near Lake Almanor among her life long friends and her family.
Sep 16, 2013
Nov 27, 2016
Mar 1, 2011
Follow Us on Twitter
- What is a healthy blood pressure? - NBCNews.com Jul 18, 2019What is a healthy blood pressure? NBCNews.comStudy: Top, bottom blood pressure numbers each predict cardiovascular risk UPI NewsView full coverage on Google News
- Overwatch’s new ‘role queue’ feature lets you play the hero you want - The Verge Jul 18, 2019Overwatch’s new ‘role queue’ feature lets you play the hero you want The VergeRole-Locking Is Coming To Overwatch, According To Leaked Video KotakuDeveloper Update | Role Queue | Overwatch PlayOverwatchOverwatch is officially putting an end to the GOATS meta Eurogamer.netOverwatch community reacts to Blizzard's 2-2-2 role lock announcement DexertoView full coverage on Google News
- Jeffrey Epstein denied bail, must remain behind bars until sex trafficking trial - NBC News Jul 18, 2019Jeffrey Epstein denied bail, must remain behind bars until sex trafficking trial NBC NewsA New York federal judge on Thursday ordered Jeffrey Epstein held without bail, siding with prosecutors who argued the wealthy financier and accused sex ...View full coverage on Google News
- Cohen Spoke With Trump As They, Aides, Sealed Hush Money Deal In 2016 - NPR Jul 18, 2019Cohen Spoke With Trump As They, Aides, Sealed Hush Money Deal In 2016 NPRKey documents released in Michael Cohen hush money case Fox NewsFBI believed Trump was closely involved in hush-money scheme, unsealed documents show NBC NewsNew Charges in Trump Campaign Finance Inquiry Are Unlikely, Prosecutors Signal The New York TimesOrigins of Michael Cohen probe unsealed: Court files reveal […]
- California city will remove gender terms, including ‘manhole’ and ‘manmade,’ from municipal code - Fox News Jul 18, 2019California city will remove gender terms, including ‘manhole’ and ‘manmade,’ from municipal code Fox NewsNo more 'manholes': Berkeley, California, removing all gendered language from city code NBC NewsGendered language like 'manhole' will soon be banned from Berkeley's city codes CNN'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code Los Angeles TimesGoodbye, Manholes: Berkeley Goes Completely Gender Neutral FortuneView […]