The term “Wabi’Sabi” is a native American saying for the perfection of imperfection, as well as the name of the art collective located in Chico CA. Emily, the founder of the collective, has been immersed in art from a young age, and has experience in a wide variety of mediums. Studying the art of batik in South East Asia, and bringing her knowledge back to the states, she has become quite successful. Over the last decade she has focused mostly on concrete coloring and art, and has recently embarked in an artistic partnership with Greg Stanley, building custom furniture out of reclaimed wood. Their goal is to build spaces that are comfortable for humans and the environment. Emily has recently purchased a building in April and is in the process of revamping it to suit the needs of the art community and the Wabi Sabi collective. The building is a reminder of the days when Chico was built with pride, and was originally constructed by Phillip Allgeier and his father. Originally a candy distribution warehouse, the building is now home to artists, and renamed The Habitat Lab. While still in the process of being refined, Emily envisions the building being a host to creative people and a place for them to explore all of their ideas, completely uninhibited by societal norms. In the future the habitat lab will consist of all sorts of people, ranging from architects and artists to the simply curious individual. Located at 199 East 13th street, right across from the homeless shelter, the Habitat Lab is breathing new life in to a previously depressed area of Chico. They are hosting open art nights once a month, in which the community can come and get creative in an adventurous environment, and hosting life-drawing classes twice a month as well. For more information you can find the Habitat Lab on Facebook, or contact Emily for more information at emilymcclintick.com. Come on out and touch in with your inner artist, bring a friend, or the family and make something new happen. There is no time like the present, to improve your self, and awaken your creativity.
About The Author
Melissa grew up in Northern California and loves wildlife and traveling. She lives in Westwood near Lake Almanor among her life long friends and her family.
Sep 15, 2014
Nov 27, 2016
Oct 1, 2011
Follow Us on Twitter
- Israel election result too close to call - exit polls - BBC News Sep 17, 2019Israel election result too close to call - exit polls BBC NewsIsrael elections: Polls in re-rerun vote open Al Jazeera EnglishBenjamin Netanyahu fights for future in do-over election: Live updates CNNIsrael elections polls close: What time do polls close? When will results be declared? Express.co.ukBenjamin Netanyahu fights for survival in tight Israeli election New York Post View full coverage on […]
- Giants name Daniel Jones starting quarterback for Week 3; could the Giants trade Eli Manning next? - CBS Sports Sep 17, 2019Giants name Daniel Jones starting quarterback for Week 3; could the Giants trade Eli Manning next? CBS SportsGiants bench Eli, elevate Jones to starting QB ESPNEli Manning Asked: How Would You React to Being Benched? Bloomberg TicTocJersey Journal front and back page news: Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019 NJ.comDaniel Jones Named Starter! NFLView full coverage on Google News
- Trump, in California, says homelessness is destroying cities - Los Angeles Times Sep 17, 2019Trump, in California, says homelessness is destroying cities Los Angeles TimesTrump's California fundraisers are drenched in cash — and secrecy POLITICOTrump Goes 'Behind Enemy Lines' To Raise Money In SF Bay Area NPROpinion: Trump isn't just picking a fight with California liberals, he's going after conservatives too Los Angeles TimesTrump shares part of the shame and blame for homeless […]
- Aaron Carter's Guns Could be Seized if Cops Get Gun Violence Restraining Order - TMZ Sep 17, 2019Aaron Carter's Guns Could be Seized if Cops Get Gun Violence Restraining Order TMZAaron Carter's family is worried about his mental health, and so are cops.View full coverage on Google News
- House Democrats fully earned and deserve Corey Lewandowski's trolling - Washington Examiner Sep 17, 2019House Democrats fully earned and deserve Corey Lewandowski's trolling Washington ExaminerWatch how the Lewandowski hearing went off the rails CNNLive: Corey Lewandowski testifies before House Judiciary Committee Fox NewsCombative Lewandowski frustrates Democrats, as impeachment-probe hearing descends into disarray Fox NewsThe best evidence of obstruction of justice The Washington PostView full coverage on Google News