Contact Donna and Larry Smith at Smith Properties for your next Susanville area home or property! Call today at (530) 257-2441
About The Author
Raised in Concord, CA, Eileen found her home in Westwood, CA in the late 1970's where life included 18 years of heating only with a wood stove, lots of deep snows, cooking on a wood stove and plenty of homemade recipes to save money and feed well two growing boys and husband, a hard working timber faller. Their little family lived life as an adventure. Eileen learned how to make do and in fact, make things pretty nice around the house in the tiny town surrounded by lakes and streams. Her life long desire to write has turned into her dream job after a long career in newspaper and radio.
Feb 12, 2016
Apr 29, 2010
Follow Us on Twitter
- Maxwell near I-5 floods as creeks swell; funnel cloud spotted near Nicolaus - Sacramento Bee Feb 18, 2017Sacramento BeeMaxwell near I-5 floods as creeks swell; funnel cloud spotted near NicolausSacramento BeeRoad closures throughout Northern California. 3 p.m.: Travel on scores of Northern California roadways Saturday was limited by mudslides, flooding and soils. Among affected routes: ▫ Mosquito Road near the Mosquito Bridge, northeast of Placerville in ...and more »
- Dam managers prepare for incoming storm in Northern California - SFGate Feb 18, 2017SFGateDam managers prepare for incoming storm in Northern CaliforniaSFGateWith forecasters predicting heavy rains at the end of the weekend, some reservoirs around Northern California were inching toward capacity as dam managers worked frantically to maintain safe water levels, officials said. Near the Oroville Dam, an ...Can Oroville Dam withstand approaching storm?The Mercury NewsQuick-moving storm to […]
- Northern California storm causes flooding, with worse to come - SFGate Feb 18, 2017SFGateNorthern California storm causes flooding, with worse to comeSFGateIn Pacifica, a tree toppled and slid, bringing mud onto Highway 1 at Linda Mar Boulevard at around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Traffic was shut down on the southbound side for almost three hours before it was reopened, according to the California Highway Patrol.and more »
- Feb. 18 update: How full are Northern California reservoirs and rivers? - Sacramento Bee Feb 18, 2017Sacramento BeeFeb. 18 update: How full are Northern California reservoirs and rivers?Sacramento BeeThese three graphs show key California reservoir conditions and river stages for the upper and lower Sacramento Valley for Saturday, February 18, 2017. The images are from the California Department of Water Resources' Data Exchange Center and the ...
- Pacific river of moisture to focus flood threat on Northern California early this week - AccuWeather.com Feb 18, 2017AccuWeather.comPacific river of moisture to focus flood threat on Northern California early this weekAccuWeather.comOne storm after another will roll in from the Pacific Ocean and across the northwestern United States, causing more travel problems and flooding from heavy precipitation, early this week. Much of Washington, Oregon and northern California will get a ...More rain in […]