How often do you play nine holes and come away feeling like you’ve golfed a championship course? Welcome to Northern California’s best kept secret, Lake Almanor West! From the 1st tee to the 9th hole, this course will amaze you with its natural beauty and challenge. Designed by John F. Harbottle, III, ASGCA, Lake Almanor West golf course opened for business in 1975. Aaron Baker is the Pro Shop manager and makes you feel at home upon arrival. Chris Herrbach is the teaching Professional and is available for lessons. I was fortunate enough to golf with Mark Olsen, a community member who lives within a wedge shot of the club house. I golfed like the hacker that I am and Mark showed me how a 60+ year old can golf like a seasoned pro, turning in a 37 for the round. I absolutely love this 3,105 yard, par 36 track. Edged by Lake Almanor and backed by Mount Lassen, the course features sculpted fairways and manicured greeens that are fun and challenging for all levels of play. After your round, relax with a cool beverage or a light meal at Almanor West Grill, right in the clubhouse. Watch out Lake Almanor West, the secret is out!
About The Author
Sep 17, 2016
Oct 3, 2016
Jul 15, 2015
Follow Us on Twitter
- California's deadliest wildfires were decades in the making. 'We have forgotten what we need to do to prevent it' - Los Angeles Times Oct 22, 2017Los Angeles TimesCalifornia's deadliest wildfires were decades in the making. 'We have forgotten what we need to do to prevent it'Los Angeles TimesHistorian Stephen Pyne sees no coincidence in the fact that on Oct. 8, 1542 — 475 years to the day before the wildfires began ravaging Northern California — the Spanish explorer Juan Rodríguez […]
- Fire crew returns early from wildfires in Northern California - The Daily Herald Oct 22, 2017The Daily HeraldFire crew returns early from wildfires in Northern CaliforniaThe Daily HeraldEVERETT — Four Everett firefighters returned from battling California wildfires late Thursday for what could be a brief break. The crew and an Everett fire engine headed south Oct. 13 to fight the Atlas and Nuns fires in Napa County. The team returned […]
- A Ground-Level View of the Fires in Northern California - The New Yorker Oct 21, 2017The New YorkerA Ground-Level View of the Fires in Northern CaliforniaThe New YorkerCalifornians have grown accustomed to praying for rain. Only a year ago, nearly two-thirds of the state was in the grip of a severe long-term drought: the mountains were starved of snow, the aquifers and reservoirs were depleted, and more than a ...Finally, […]
- Northern California man dies while trying to rescue dog from ocean - KCRA Sacramento Oct 21, 2017KCRA SacramentoNorthern California man dies while trying to rescue dog from oceanKCRA SacramentoA Santa Cruz man has died after he plunged into the ocean while trying to rescue his dog.and more »
- Albertsons executive in Boise leaves to lead company's Northern California stores - Idaho Statesman Oct 21, 2017Idaho StatesmanAlbertsons executive in Boise leaves to lead company's Northern California storesIdaho StatesmanBrad Street, Intermountain Division president for Boise-based Albertsons, has been promoted to the same role heading the company's Northern California division. “He's already a president and a terrific one, so he'll bring all of the skills he has to ...