Western Pacific Railroad History ~ Plumas County Visitors BureauThe Western Pacific was...Read More
Tag: gandy dancers demonstration
Gandy Dancers Bio for Railroad Days Program “Gandy dancers” was a nickname for railroad section gangs in the days before modern mechanized track upkeep. The men were called dancers for their synchronized movements...Read More
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FEATHER RIVER RAIL SOCIETY When the 80 year corporate life of the Western Pacific Railroad began ending with the merger into the larger Union Pacific Railroad, a group of WP employees and historians came...Read More
Follow Us on Twitter
- An 1870s Victorian farmhouse finally shines in Northern California - Curbed Oct 20, 2016CurbedAn 1870s Victorian farmhouse finally shines in Northern CaliforniaCurbedAfter years of shuttling between New York City and Los Angeles, Mark Goff and Phillip Engel wanted to change their location and their lives. They landed in the tiny town of Healdsburg, California (approximately 1.5 hours from San Francisco in Sonoma ...
- Sheriff's deputy fatally shot in Northern California - USA TODAY Oct 20, 2016Los Angeles TimesSheriff's deputy fatally shot in Northern CaliforniaUSA TODAYREDDING, Calif. — A Modoc County sheriff's deputy was shot and killed Wednesday while responding to a disturbance call near Alturas in northern Colorado, and a suspect was arrested, authorities said. Deputies were responding to a call on County Road ...Deputy killed in Modoc County — the […]
- Authorities Say a Sheriff's Deputy in a Northern California County Has Been Shot to Death - ABC News Oct 20, 2016Authorities Say a Sheriff's Deputy in a Northern California County Has Been Shot to DeathABC NewsAuthorities Say a Sheriff's Deputy in a Northern California County Has Been Shot to Death. By The Associated Press. ALTURAS, Calif. — Oct 19, 2016, 8:05 PM ET. 0 Shares. Email. Star. 0 Shares. Email. Authorities say a sheriff's deputy […]
- Couple sues Samsung - KRON4.com Oct 19, 2016KRON4.comCouple sues SamsungKRON4.comBURLINGAME (KRON) — A Northern California couple is suing Samsung after claiming their cellphone burst into flames this summer. The phone in this incident is not the one covered by the recall, and the victims' lawyer claims there have been other ...
- Tamara's Wednesday Northern California Weather Forecast 10.19.16 - KCRA Sacramento Oct 19, 2016KCRA SacramentoTamara's Wednesday Northern California Weather Forecast 10.19.16KCRA SacramentoWEBVTT THINGS ARE DRYING OUT ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA BECAUSE OF MUCH OF THIS NORTH WIND. NORTH WIND AT SIX IN MARYSVILLE. SIX IN STOCKTON. NORTHWEST WIND OVER 10 RIGHT NOW. THINGS ARE FLAT AROUND ...