By Mara Dobyns
This sweet breakfast treat is just what you’ve been looking for to kick start your day into action. It has a classic and flavorful banana muffin taste to it with bursting, juicy blueberries to give it that something extra. I could seriously eat these every day. Now let’s go to it.
3-4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries rinsed or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and pre grease your muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl melt the butter, mash the bananas into it, add the egg and sugar and use a hand mixer to mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and powder.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until blended. Next gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Spoon batter evenly into muffins cups about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a fork inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean and allow to cool for about seven minutes in the pan before serving.
6. Now for the best part, enjoy your muffins! They pair well with just about anything. I highly recommend a smoothie, coffee, warm chai tea, or chocolate milk.