2 skinless / boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
Salt and black pepper
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Mix flour with salt and pepper in shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour mixture.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat.
3. Add 1/2 of the chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Remove from skillet and transfer to plate.
4. Repeat with remaining chicken (add more oil olive & butter if needed). Remove from skillet and transfer to plate.
5. Remove skillet from heat, add the lemon juice, chicken stock and capers.
6. Return to stove/heat and bring to boil and stir to loosen any browned bits in bottom of skillet.
7. Return all the chicken to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Remove chicken to serving platter.
9. Add to skillet remaining butter (don’t skip this step), whisk vigorously and pour over chicken, garnish with parsley.