Antique Hunting Tips
By Melissa Wynn
Living in an area steeped in railroad and logging history makes our neighborhood an especially attractive area for antique hunters. Small towns, hundreds of years old, are dotted with mom & pop antique shops and yard sales dot the mountainside all summer long. Here are a few tips to find the terrific treasure that history left behind in our neck of the woods. Happy hunting.
- Hit those yard sales early, the early bird gets the worm.
- Stop at every hole in the wall thrift shop and antique store.
- Flea Markets are treasure hot spots, go early!
- Homes with a lot of out buildings that have been there forever are good stops too. Be your on American Picker!
- Keep your eyes open when wandering in the wild. Arrow heads and other ancient treasures are out there and a lucky few find them!