Everyone loves to carve pumpkins during Halloween. This time when carving your pumpkin save your seeds! Here is a fun recipe for recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds.
- Approximately 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Once seeds are removed from pumpkin, put them in a colander and rinse with water.
- Stir seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and salt. Spread seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Tip: For younger children, an adult can help crack open the shell similar to a sunflower seed. This way Everyone gets to enjoy this fun, easy snack.