How often do you play nine holes and come away feeling like you’ve golfed a championship course? Welcome to Northern California’s best kept secret, Lake Almanor West! From the 1st tee to the 9th hole, this course will amaze you with its natural beauty and challenge. Designed by John F. Harbottle, III, ASGCA, Lake Almanor West golf course opened for business in 1975. Aaron Baker is the Pro Shop manager and makes you feel at home upon arrival. Chris Herrbach is the teaching Professional and is available for lessons. I was fortunate enough to golf with Mark Olsen, a community member who lives within a wedge shot of the club house. I golfed like the hacker that I am and Mark showed me how a 60+ year old can golf like a seasoned pro, turning in a 37 for the round. I absolutely love this 3,105 yard, par 36 track. Edged by Lake Almanor and backed by Mount Lassen, the course features sculpted fairways and manicured greeens that are fun and challenging for all levels of play. After your round, relax with a cool beverage or a light meal at Almanor West Grill, right in the clubhouse. Watch out Lake Almanor West, the secret is out!
About The Author
May 23, 2017
Sep 20, 2016
Jan 17, 2013
Jul 15, 2015
Follow Us on Twitter
- Wildfire Leaves 'Complete Devastation' in Rural Community - U.S. News & World Report Jul 21, 2017U.S. News & World ReportWildfire Leaves 'Complete Devastation' in Rural CommunityU.S. News & World Report(AP) — A chimney and a cinder block wall is all that's left standing among rubble that was a house Miki Crawford and her family called home for 22 years after a wildfire raced through her Northern California rural community, the […]
- San Ramon Gluten Free Baker Awarded Whole Foods Market Northern California's 2017 Local Producer Grant - Patch.com Jul 21, 2017Patch.comSan Ramon Gluten Free Baker Awarded Whole Foods Market Northern California's 2017 Local Producer GrantPatch.comSo Far Gluten Free Delicacies was selected as one of the winners of the annual Whole Foods Market Northern California's 2017 Local Producer Grants. So Far Gluten Free products can be ordered by phone or found in local Whole Foods Market. […]
- Correction: Order of Malta Clinic of Northern California - East Bay Times Jul 21, 2017Correction: Order of Malta Clinic of Northern CaliforniaEast Bay TimesA July 21 article about the Order of Malta Clinic of Northern California in Oakland misspelled the name of one of the clinic's board of directors. The board member's name is Sara Cumbelich. Setting the record straight: The Bay Area News Group corrects ...
- Mini Gold Rush Hits Northern California - kgw.com Jul 21, 2017kgw.comMini Gold Rush Hits Northern Californiakgw.comMini Gold Rush Hits Northern California. Error loading player: No playable sources found. Record rainfall is bringing out more gold than ever in northern California. Aidan Kelley has the story. KGW 11:54 AM. PDT July 21, 2017. SPONSOR CONTENT. Citi.
- Bow before Mt. Shasta, North Star of Northern California - Los Angeles Times Jul 21, 2017Los Angeles TimesBow before Mt. Shasta, North Star of Northern CaliforniaLos Angeles TimesWhy: The Shasta Cascade region is full of volcanic mountains, green forests and trout-bearing rivers. But this is its defining landmark. Everywhere you turn, there's Mt. Shasta. And it never seems to get old. What: Mt. Shasta stands 14,179 feet above ...