Hop on over to the kitchen to prepare these cute as can be cupcakes. Perfect for spring celebrations, Easter, baby showers and birthday parties.
Makes 12 (1 cupcake) servings.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
McCormick® Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye or McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye
2 cups flaked coconut
12 unfrosted cupcakes
12 plain donut holes
12 large marshmallows
6 pink jelly beans, halved crosswise
Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Tint frosting pink or blue, using 4 drops red or 4 drops NEON blue food color. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add 4 drops red or 4 drops NEON blue food color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted. Recipe courtesy McCormick
2. Spread top of each cupcake with tinted frosting. Press each cupcake into tinted coconut to cover top completely. Spread donut holes with remaining frosting. Press a donut hole into top of each cupcake to form the bunny’s head.
3. For the ears, cut a 1/4-inch slice off the flat ends of each marshmallow to make 24 slices. Dip cut sides of the marshmallow slices into the coconut until completely covered. (Reserve remaining marshmallow pieces.) Attach 2 marshmallow slices to the head of each bunny with frosting to create ears.
4. Press a jelly bean half into the face for the nose and sprinkles for the whiskers. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes. Press the plain marshmallow pieces into the cupcake for the belly.
Test Kitchen Tips:
* To make 6 each pink and blue cupcakes, use 2 drops of each food color in each half batch of frosting and coconut.
Recipe Courtesy McCormick®, For Bunny Cake and more great recipes, visit mccormick.com.