More than 100,000 people are currently awaiting an organ transplant in the United States. There are not nearly enough donations to match the need.
Here are some facts about organ, tissue, and eye donation:
• Each organ donor may save up to 8 lives, and each tissue donor can enhance the quality of life for up to 50 people.
• The gift of life is ageless — anyone can sign up to be an organ donor, at any age.
• Most people are eligible to sign up on the donor registry — the medical criteria at the time of donation will determine eligibility.
• Cornea transplants have been successful for more than 100 years.
• Organ transplants have been successful for more than 50 years.
Sources: USDA Department of Health and Human Services, Oregon Donor Awareness www.organdonorawareness.org
Publish printable donor card if recommended. CALL FIRST FOR OK!!!
888-275-4772 EASTERN TIME